Now, I'm not expecting a lot out of myself at this race. I want to do well, and I hope to do well, but the truth is I just haven't put in enough training to turn out a PR. This does not mean though that I'm just going to throw in the towel.
My Plan/Goal for the race:
1. Have fun as always
2. Still run under a sub 1:50 - I should be able to do this with the tempos I have been doing
3. Start off with the 1:45 pace group and hold on for dear life :)
4. If I'm still feeling good with a 5k to go, negative split my miles.
5. Actually eat/drink something during the race as I never have during a half. Not smart I know, but I think I've come a long way this year with nutrition during a race so hopefully it will help me not die by mile 9/10.
6. Have fun - oh yeah I already said that :)
So anyhow, there you have it. I'm excited about this race as I have herd good things about it. Now the hard part ... deciding what to wear for race day :)
Happy Wen All :)