So, yeah, I lied yesterday about the whole not being worried about this little 70.3 race.
1. My new torhans aero 30 bottle came in this week and it doesn't fit perfectly into my old aero mount kit. I figured it would since it's the same brand as my 20 but the bottle is a little longer and hits part of boomer. It has two places I could mount it and the one works perfect, but then I can't attach my aero tray (which is were my garmin edge 500 is mounted.) This means I need to run out and buy some double sided tape and move the entire mount forward some. Which also means my straw will be in a different place. ugh. I know this is an easy fix, but still I would rather not be doing it the day before my race.
2. I still have not put on my x-wing for extra water bottles. I want to put this on because currently I do not keep a wedge on my bike and have all my flat tire stuff in my bento box. This doesn't give me that much room for my snacks. I can currently only fit one waffle and one pack of chews in there. I need more room. My idea is to actually put my repair kit stuff into one of my water bottles and rubber band it down so it doesn't go flying if I hit a bump. Seems like a good idea to me. I just hope it doesn't take me forever in a day to put this simple looking thing on the back of my seat.
3. Speaking of biking, I am nervous about the water bottle hand off. Why did I never practice this? But maybe I will not need it too grab one if I have my 30oz aero bottle, 1 bottle on the frame, and one bottle behind my seat?
4. Oh and I hope I don't have to use my repair kit!!! I haven't had to deal with a flat since last year! If I do, I pray it's my front tire that goes. If it's my back then I'm F'ed.
5. I still have to pack everything once I got home from work today. My house is a mess and it's going to take forever to find everything I need before I leave tonight for Fredericksburg
6. Thank goodness there is a not a 6 :) I guess it looks like I'm just worried about boomer.
Hope everyone has a great day and if you are racing this weekend... Good Luck!!!