Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend Recap


Why do three day weekend always go so fast?!?!? I need another day off work, please!
 
Friday night Jason and I drove down to Fredericksburg leaving at 9pm to avoid any and all traffic and we did just that! We made it down in record time of just a little over an hour. As soon as we got to my cousins we jumped in bed as the alarm was set for 5am for a 60 mile ride.
 
The morning came fast, but I was ready to ride in the lake anna area. I was suppose to ride 80 miles for the day but didn't have time to fit in my whole ride due to most of my family arriving at 10:30. I never get to see them, so I didn't mind cutting my workout short. Anyhow, we thought we could follow the route for the metric century we did about a month ago but the cue sheet was so long that there was no way I could fit all the directions on my leg. So yeah we were just winging it. This may not have been the smartest idea as the ride went slow as every road we took lead us back to route 208. WTF. I also forgot my normal bike sunglasses and I had to wear my aviators and look like a major tool. 


Finally I somehow recognized where I was at and realized we were on the Kinetic course. So we did one loop and headed down to the lake, them headed back to the High School were we had parked. Overall, it was a cranky ride and my legs hated me. We yelled at each other a couple times and yeah, it just wasn't a good ride. After 3 hours and 15 minutes, it was hot when we made it back to the car. I changed into my running shoes and did a short 20 minute brick.
 
We made it back to my cousin's just in time as the rest of family was arriving. However no one wanted to hug me because I was soaking wet with sweat! nasty.
 
The rest of the day was spent with my family sharing lots of stories and laughs. The day wasn't long enough and before I knew we were headed to our hotel.
 
I woke up early on Sunday despite not having to workout. Oh well, what are you going to do. I spent some more time with my family and left to go home around 11. The visit was short and I wished it was longer. On a side note I was lucky to get out of there without getting sick since I had family members dropping like flies with the flu.  
 
When I got home, I changed into my running clothes to head out for my 2 hour run. However I sat down for 5 minutes which as my first mistake of the day. I felt like I had a head ache. I figured I'd eat something really quick and let it settle then go run. Hmm... an hour passed. I felt super tired. A nap couldn't hurt before my run right? I woke up to find I slept way to long and the pool was only opened for another hour. I rushed to get ready and went for a 45 minute swim. I came home and was hungry again. I thought, I'll eat dinner and then go run at 7:30. But 7:30 came and went and I just sat on my couch. I have never put off a run so much in my life!!!
 
My plans for Monday included an easy fun ride up Beach Drive with my friends. I didn't want to miss out on this and I didn't want to miss my run either. So I got up super early and started my run at 5:15am on Monday. The run went ok and it probably went better than it would have in the dead of heat on Sunday. I was happy I finally made myself get my long run in. A little over 13 miles later I made it back to my house, just in time to change into my bike clothes, eat a hard boiled egg and jump on my bike.
 
Jason and I were headed up to Beach Drive to meet up with Victoria and Rachel. Just about 10 minutes into the ride I was tempted to text them and tell them I was bailing because I felt like crap. But nah, I didn't. I just kept riding and I'm glad I did. It was such a fun chatting ride and it was nice to remember why we do what we do.... because it's fun! I ended up getting in 37 miles for the day while the other two rode longer. 


And I have no clue what Jason is doing here? Counting how many times he would have gotten us lost...

 
The rest of what was left of the weekend, Jason worked me like a dog making me do yard work and laundy. #mean.  These are two things I hate!!! 

I hope everyone else had a great weekend :)

6 comments:

  1. I still can't believe you did a 2 hour run and then rode 37 miles. All before 11 am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you can wake up that early on a holiday weekend. 2/3 days I was in bed until 10. ahhhhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed that you got a 2 hour run in that early on a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first photo- what a great shot! Sounds like such a nice weekend- productive and fun. Except for the yard work. That's not fun. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great wekeend and some great workouts!

    ReplyDelete