Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Recap ~ More Biking/Running

This weekend was filled with lots of fun in the sun...100+ degree sun that is :) 
Jason and I woke up bright and early and were out the door to ride the Total 200 - well the 200k.

Without going into a lot of detail as I will write up a report on it for tomorrow, the ride was good. There was some tears, lots of sweat, down trees and power lines, cokes, and smiles for the most part. This is the longest I have ever ridden my bike (128 miles) and maybe the longest I will ever ride it in a single day. I was mostly happy that I felt good through the 112 split mark and also realized that I will not be finishing the Louisville bike course in under 7 hours. But, that's ok. As long as I finish.

Once we made it across the finish line, I had more coke and a water. We probably hung out at the finish line for a half hour or so before riding back home. 

In the future I will not ride to this event and will be driving there! Getting back on my bike was the last thing I wanted to do to get home. I also was suppose to do a 4 mile brick run, but felt like I took such a long break and the finish line that I skipped it once I made it back to my house. I know, slacker.

After we made it back home, I showered and started to fall asleep on my couch before I realized that I wanted bacon cheese fries more than anything in the world. From Outback. Now I never really leave the city to go out to eat but I really wanted these fries. So we drove to Arlington not even thinking that most of NOVA has no power from the storm. Once we made it in the parking lot the restaurant had a tent and a grill set up as they had no power. Duh. Stupid Me. 

But they still were making hamburgers and fries and those still tasted really good! Along with getting some fro-yo once back in the city :)

I normally run with the =PR= running group on Sunday and they meet at 6:30, but I wanted to get in some miles before we met up so I wouldn't be running in the 100+ degree weather for any longer than I had too. Let me tell you, I have never been so tired when my alarm went off at 5am. I literally had to pry myself out of bed. The last thing in the world I wanted to do was to run 15 miles. But I found myself getting dressed and eating a granola bar before leaving at 5:30. My legs hurt like no other for the first couple of miles. But, I got in a little under 7 miles before meeting up with the group. While running on my own, the thought meeting up with other people to run with kept me going. It was really something to look forward too. Once with other running buddies we ran on the Canal Path over in G-town. There were trees down all over the place and at some parts we had to crawl over them! 

Never the less, I felt good on this run for the most part and managed to keep at 9:30 pace despite slowing down and crawling over trees. I did call Jason with 4 miles to go though and asked him to please come pick me up from Georgetown. I really, really didn't want to take the metro home. And of course Jason came and picked me up because he is the best! Then I stuffed my face with not one, but two bagels and a whole made smoothie.

Afterwards I was tired and napped! It was great! I could not will myself in the pool, so instead treated myself to Lauriol Plaza and a pedicure.

I was asleep by 9 yesterday and got a great nights sleep. Lets go week #17. I'm ready for you!

Happy Monday All :)


  1. Now THAT is what I call a great weekend! I would have never made it up at 5am, so I gotta' hand it to you. And way to go Outback for sticking it out despite having no power!! I'm impressed.

  2. Sounds like a great weekend!! I'm glad that the 200K went well!

    I'm also really impressed with the Outback for continuing to serve people without power, wow!