Thursday, November 10, 2011

Freedom Half Marathon Goals

A couple of weeks ago I was scrambling to find another half marathon since I could no longer run Philly. I found the perfect replacement and registered for the Freedom Marathon in Norfolk, VA. 
 
 
 Well, over the past couple of weeks I somewhat lost my motivation and thought I had longer than I did to train for this half. This might be the most under trained race I am doing in a long time with only 2 long runs: a 10 miler and a 12 miler. With that said I have no idea what time I will finish in and I'm not sure what my goals should be ?
 
But here goes nothing:
 
1. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for VA Beach and staying with one of my good friends, Jill! I haven't seen her in forever, so I'm really excited to spend the weekend with her. With that said, my heart is not into this half and I actually wish I wasn't running it on Sunday so I could just have fun while I'm down there and stay up till whenever I wanted to and not worry about running. 
 
 
2. Since my heart really isn't to this race. I just want to have fun with it and not worry about my time. It's a Veterans Day race, so I'll be wearing my blue sparkle skirt and a red running top to sport USA colors.
 
 
3. Wave and smile at my cheering team - Jason and Jill - and smile for the cameras (isn't this an important goal at every race? )
 
 
4. Ok, I still want to run under a 1:50, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Poor training and no race heart will make this one difficult.
 
5. I have no race plan ...
 
Have you ever ran a race that your heart wasn't in to? Happy Thursday All :)

3 comments:

  1. I think it's fine that your heart isn't totally into this one. Every race can't be a top priority. Just relax and amazing things WILL happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great race and sounds like you just wanna have fun!

    ReplyDelete