Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tired Tuesday!

1. I finally went for my 10 mile run! I'm not sure why I put it off for three days in a row because it went great. I left right from work and ran up to my old apartment at 17th and T ST NW, then I went on to run my favorite Georgetown loop down P St. When I went past the embassies there was already college aged kids out trick or treating at the embassies. I thought it was strange that they were trick or treating so early (around 4:30ish). As my run continued I saw more and more kids out in their costumes and I began to worry that I may not get back to my own house in time before the candy handing out began. I made a quick stop at 18th and L for some kiss power from my M. Nothing like getting a kiss about 6 miles into your run :) I finished up my run down on the mall and back up to East Capitol. The last mile was hard as I had to run around small kids blocking the side walks. Come on people, don't you know I'm trying to negative split here? Then I did something I never do and find super annoying.... I ran in the bike lane! No kids...yes!...and I made sure I moved when cyclists came rolling along. Overall, I thought the weather was perfect. I went with a long pants and light weight long sleeve shirt and a ear head band thing. I was actually a little warm, but not too bad. I finished in 1:24 with my last three miles right at a 8 minute pace so I was pretty happy with myself.
2. Once I finished my run all I had time to do was change into a nice dry sweat shirt, then go sit on my porch and start passing out candy. Some of the costumes were so cute! But, then again some kids didn't dress up at all! We also had homeless people and maybe some crack heads come to our house as well for candy. We probably had over 600 trick or treaters and ran out of candy at 8 o'clock. I had one of the parents tell me I shouldn't run out of candy and that I need to buy more bags next year! Umm..can we say rude??? After our candy was sucked dry we went down to my neighbors for some fun around her fire pit. And with all this candy passing out, I forgot to eat or didn't have time to eat dinner: STUPIDEST.DECISION.EVER
3. I couldn't sleep last night. I woke up at 3am super hungry. I guess running 10 miles and not eating dinner will do that to you. Then I couldn't turn off my brain. I thought about anything and everything and tossed and turned and then tossed and turned some more. About 4 o'clock my stomach couldn't take it anymore and I went down to the kitchen and ate some pretzels and played on face book for 45 minutes. I might have finally fell back to sleep at 5:30 or something. Needless to say I am one tired girl today!!
Happy Tuesday All. I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Were you hitting 18th St. just before 5 pm? I thought I saw you but didn't say anything because if it wasn't you, that person would be freaked out.

    Welcome to Club Insomnia. We have fun.