1. I had not run for a week and yesterday my body was craving a run more that anything! So of course I planned on running a nice 5 on my lunch break. I had rode my bike in yesterday and it actually felt ok and my hands weren't freezing, so I'm not sure why I thought it was going to be extra cold during my run at 11:30. But for some reason I headed out in a long sleeve running shirt and a vest. I'm not sure if I just wanted to wear the vest so I had somewhere to put my work ID or what? but it was not needed at all. Within a half of mile the sweat was rolling off of me and I was over heating. I took off my gloves which cooled me down for a little bit. Once I got down to the Lincoln I stripped my hat off to cool me down some more. The bad thing about vests is you can't really take them off because you can't tie them around your waste, so suffered is what I did on this run. And even though it seems like I'm doing a lot of complaining here, I was actually quite happy to be outside running despite being a little over heated. Overall, I felt like a million bucks when I made it back to my office, even if I didn't look like a million bucks the rest of the day.
2. I never use music when I run. The trainer is a whole different story though. I don't know if I could make it through an hour on the trainer without music! I have tried watching TV and it still just makes the time click by ever so slowly. I recently downloaded Pandora on my phone and love it to work out too. It really helps me get through trainer hell. I just can't wait till I can ride outside and it seems like every nice day I am busy or not in town and can't ride outside. uggg...
3. I got a new swim suit for x-mas and it was a grab bag special (they pick the suit for you). I have always been scared of the grab bags thinking I would get a really ugly suit. But guess what? it wasn't ugly and it was a cute :) I will defiantly order another suit this way because it's cheaper and it's kindof fun to take a gamble on what you are going to get.
4. I need to start watching what I am eating and stop eating so much candy and cookies. I have gained 3-5 pounds and feel like a blob. In addition, I need to start bringing my lunches to work again instead of wasting my money and buying lunch every day. I have been good this week and brought in my lunch every day.... a turkey sandwich (with just turkey and spinach) and an apple. The problem with this is I will probably eat this same thing for months and get burned out and not want to look at another sandwich. I also need to bring in an afternoon snack because I'm super hungry by 3 which makes my after work workouts hard to do.
5. It feels like it has been forever since I have done a race. I would love to find a small one this month, but know that I don't have the time on the weekend to do one. Oh well I suppose.
Happy Friday all and I hope everyone has a great weekend :)