Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Recap

My weekend was pretty uneventful.
As I mentioned before I had to move my long run from Sunday to Friday after work because of a gymnastics meet I had to coach at. All day of Friday I watched out my window and saw how warm and sunny it looked. By the time I made it out of work at 4pm,  I stepped outside in a t-shirt and capris. It no longer felt warm and I ran back upstairs to get my long sleeve shirt just in case I needed it. And boy did I need it. I never got warm on this run at all and I was so thankful I was smart enough for once to dress correctly. It was so windy out! At times I felt like I wasn't moving forward or I was getting blown to the side. My garmin died just .5 miles into the run which really upset me! I have been having so many problems with it that it's not even worth running with anymore! It freezes, it turns off, it doesn't charge.... the list could go on. Anyhow, I just decided to run to my old place and use some of my old running routes which included visiting the zoo. 
Once I got home, I used map my run to map out the routes I ran just to double check the mileage. 10.3 miles, not too bad. Overall this run was a big struggle for me, but I am glad I did it.
Jas got home shortly after me on Friday night and he still wanted to go to the pool, but I just wanted to melt away into the couch with warm comfy blankets on. And I did just that and watched a bunch of episodes of the Walking Dead. I actually got hooked on them and stayed up till 12:30! yikes! that's late for an old lady like me.
When my alarm went off in the morning at 6:30 to get on the trainer I did not hesitate to turn that thing off and go back to bed till 8. No worries though, the nice thing about a trainer is it's easy to pack. I was going down to Fredericksburg again for the day to visit my aunt and just figured I could set it up there while I was visiting. It was a nice day out and while I wish I could have just rode outside, I did the next best thing and set up my trainer on their porch and rode for an hour and half.
It was nice to feel the breeze and have some scenery to look at. Also, their dogs were crazy and it was fun to watch them play.
Actually their dogs were looking at my like: "Hey, if you are going to be outside for this long you should be playing with us, not riding on that stupid thing!"
How was your weekend? Hope everyone had a great one :)


  1. I'm sure the dogs thought you were the crazy one! :)

  2. That is too funny! I can't believe you set up your trainer on the porch! I probably would have just gone for a ride at that point :)

    The garmin dying at .5miles probably would have killed my long run. Good for you!

  3. A dead Garmin is the perfect way to ruin a run. I hate when that happens. Way to get in the great run.

    Walking Dead! YAY! Can't wait for it to start back up.