Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Recap


This weekend was busy and lazy all mixed together.
 
I'll start off with Friday. I swam in the morning, then did a run commute to my root canal appointment. It was the worst run of my life and I struggled to maintain a 9 minute pace. Maybe I was dragging my heels because I really didn't want to go to the dentist's, I mean who does?
 
Anyhow, that evening we went out for Jason's 30th B-day! Yes he is officially an old man now!! I started off the night saying I was not going to drink anything, but than I had one beer, then another beer ...


When I woke up in the morning I was feeling under the weather from 4 beers total and was hungover which lead me to feeling like this most of the day:


Err...how did this happen? Yes I had a 2 and half hour ride to do. I waited to see if I would feel better as the day light was slipping away. I waited some more and attempted to get on my trainer at 5pm. After 10 minutes of spinning I had a splitting headache and just gave up. Yes I wasted my day of training and yes I'm mad at myself. And with that said I am giving up alcohol until after Louisville with one exception being my Vegas trip. Not that I drink very often to begin with, but I really don't want it effecting my ironman training. This is the last workout I'm missing over something stupid like this.
 
Sunday was a new day and a race day! Both Jason and myself were running in the St. Patrick's 8k. 


I love races that start at freedom plaza because they are close to home and easy to get to. When we arrived to the race start, there was a ton of people and a sea of green. It was exciting. Without going into great deals of the race, I had fun running and it was a great morning for it. I'll write up the race report tomorrow :)
 
Once back from the race, I packed my bags and headed to the pool for a easy swim. The pool was uncrowded and I felt good in the water.
 
After getting back from my swim I had just enough time to shower before Jason's family arrived for his B-day. We went to Match Box for lunch, then went and got some fro-yo! Yum and some more yum. It was a great visit overall. Although it was so sunny and so warm that I wished me and boomer could have went for a ride :(
 
And just when the sleep started to take over by body and I wanted to nap, it was time to go pick up one of my good college friends from the airport. She is in town for business this week and I'm so glad I got a chance to visit her!
 
So there you have it. I had a super lazy Saturday and had a jammed packed Sunday. 
 
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
 
Happy Monday All :)  

4 comments:

  1. I always feel the same way about drinking. My hangover never matches what I expect. Beyond some red wine with dinners, I am also done indulging [except weddings! ha] until Ironman.

    Did you cut socks to make your St Patty's armwarmers? I'm thinking I need to add at least something festive for this weekend's race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect weekend! Cute pics. I am hungry to read your race report!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the most part, drinking is no longer worth it the next day. At least for me. :)

    ReplyDelete