Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Same Old


Well it's Wednesday and I think I have finally caught up on my sleep from the weekend.
 
Nothing to exciting going, just the same old same old: swim, bike, run, eat, sleep, pet kiwi
 
Yesterday, I gave myself a break from getting in the car and driving to VA to do the fresh bikes hill ride. I love the ride, but honestly hate the hassle. So I have decided to go every other week. Which left me riding at Haines as soon as I got off work. I was very unmotivated and thoughts of skipping the workout all together entered my head through-out the day. But I couldn't skip it. People would know. More importantly I would know. And honestly I didn't have anything better to do in the evening. Although Jason says I could have cleaned. Whatever. Anyhow, I went to Haines and struggled with my workout. My miles were slow and the wind was strong down there. On the back side I went a whopping 14pmh. But I did push myself and in the end I was happy to have finished. Although I didn't have the will to run my 20 min brick afterwards. I was too hungry and started cooking dinner right away.
 
Today was the first day I tried swimming in the morning. I was one of the first ones there at 6:30am when they open. The pool is pretty crowded in the mornings though! I did my first 1000 in one lane and ended up getting punched in the face. Fun. So I switched lanes and ended up swimming with Juls and Amanda who coach the DC Tri masters program. It was a blast swimming with them and I loved the workout they came up with. Plus they are fast! So I was really pushing myself. They left earlier than me which meant the last 1000 was on my own and I just did it in sets of 200s. I had 4100 on my schedule today, but only managed to get in 4050. We are suppose to have lap swim open until 8am, but pool management decided to start taking down the lanes at 5 till and then pool was then flooded with old people ready to get there aqua class on. At any rate, it was nice swimming in the morning.
 
Later tonight, I will go to my first track practice with PR running. Should be more good times.
 
Happy Wens All :) 

2 comments:

  1. Great job getting your workouts in! I would say that 4,050 is pretty close to 4,100 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean?! Doesn't he know cleaning or yardwork are out the door once triathlon season starts? :-) I got hit yesterday in the pool too, booo!

    ReplyDelete