Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Recap ~ Running, Shopping & BRC edition

I had a scheduled long run planned for the weekend. It didn't really matter to me what day I did it, but the more I thought about it, the more I just wanted to get it out of the way on Friday! I struggled with myself to get out the door and really didn't want to do this run after work, but with some motivation from twitter and the thought of sleeping in on Saturday was motivation enough for me. The weather couldn't have been better for the run and I has happy to be out there once I started. My legs started to really hurt and mile 11 and I felt like crap. I wanted to run 13 miles, but could only push myself one more mile. 12 miles, ok I guess I'll take it. Overall, I wanted to try to run this at my race pace for my upcoming half in two weeks, but I didn't quit hit the mark. I went out to fast, which always seems to be a mistake for me. My splits were as follows:

7:49, 8:02, 8:15, 8:17, 8:25, 8:43, 8:55, 8:40, 8:41, 9:03, 8:45, and 8:43.  (P.S. I have no idea how to copy the splits from my Garmin ...help)

Hopefully I will learn from this practice run and be able to hit my goal of a sub 1:50 at San Jose.

After my run, I hurried and showered and was out the door heading towards my favorite restaurant ... Lauriol Plaza. If you haven't been there, then you need to go!! They have the best chips and salsa in my opinion! yum and some more yum. And after a long run it was the best dinner anyone could ask for.

yes I ate two baskets!

Saturday was glorious because I didn't get up until 8am!!! OMG ... sleeping in... I think I am in love! With my long run out of the way, it meant I now had a rest day! And what better way to rest than to go on a shopping spree :) Two dresses from Nordstrom, a bundle of socks, new running shoes (and a pair of normal person shoes), and arm warmers! Now my my wallet was complaining it needed a rest day too.

Asics Gel-Nimibus 13

These are hot pink... yes!

 Since I am now officially in love with all things sleep, I was in bed by 9pm and ready to wake up early for the Back Roads century. The alarm went off at 5am and we were out the door and on the road by 5:40. It was about an hour and half drive to start line and it was chilly when we got there. Hello new arm warmers! You are now my new BFF (sorry sleep). I loved the ride, absolutely loved it! the 50 miles flew by and it only felt like I had been riding 20! My legs felt great and my back didn't hurt at all!!! It was amazing! But I stuck to my plan of only riding 50 miles, even though it killed me :( Full Tour report to come tomorrow.



I hope everyone had a great weekend and fun at their races!

4 comments:

  1. lol ... i have the same arm warmers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes and the arm warmers! Glad the ride went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for your half century report. Love the hot pink arm warmers :)

    ReplyDelete