Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Cycling Tour... Yes Please

Just in case my credit card was getting lonely this week (which it wasn't) I made sure to use it to register for yet another event. Jason implanted the idea of riding a century on Tues. night and on Wednesday I found myself scanning the web to see which ones would fit into my schedule.
 
We rode the Six Pillars - EagleMan course last year and had a blast.
 
 
I would love to ride it again this year, but we will be in Vegas celebrating Jason's big 30th birthday! Which reminds me we still need to buy tickets for that. Anyhow, the only other century that really fits into my schedule is the Total 200.
 
 
Now, I really have no desire to actually ride 200 miles in one day so we opted to register for the shorter course which is 200k or 125 miles. Tours are always fun and I'm really looking to this one. Plus, I am so thankful that Jason likes cycling as well so I will have a built in training buddy :)
 
And I swear this is the last thing I am registering for! Jason registered for the Marine Corp Historic Half Marathon on his own and I resisted and did not sign up. So, see I am getting somewhere with my race addition....
 
Happy Thurs. All :)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I've never done a cycling only event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Cycling only events are a blast. Low key, low stress, and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! If I actually liked cycling I would consider doing something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about this, but first have to actually pull the trigger on the B&A half you and Victoria peer-pressured me into :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should dig to read about 6 pillars - but I will be there at Total 200 - but volunteering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun! I wish I could fit these into my schedule.

    ReplyDelete