My first race of the season is finally here. Virginia is for Lovers 14K. I wish I was more excited about it than I am, but with everything going on in my life right now, I'm just not...
Anyhow, I will be leaving today to make the trip from DC to VA beach to visit and race with one of my best friends :)
The weather for tomorrow looks better than it did earlier this week, but I'm still not super excited about running in the rain. Hopefully the weather people are wrong since they usually are.
What I am looking forward to about the race:
1. Start Time: The race itself doesn't start until 9am which is nice because I think I can actually sleep in! That's a big plus in my book!
2. Running with my friend: My friend just recently got into running and I love that I am able to run one of her first races with her. I am going to play the roll of a pacer and help her pace 10 minute miles. It should be a nice fun run and I know I will talk to entire time which should make the time fly by.
3. Sparkles: This is a V-day theme race and we will be wearing pink and red sparkle skirts along with pink/red leg warmers. I don't know when I started to like to dress silly for running races, but I love it! I guess who am I kidding, I have always liked to dress up and look a little dorky.
4. Photos: With our awesome outfits hopefully the photographer will love us and we will get some good race pictures. If not M should be able to capture some good pictures of us.
5. Having FUN: That's my main goal for this race since I don't have a personal time goal for myself. So I really just want to go out there and have a blast.
Happy Friday All and I hope everyone has a great weekend: