Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Three Things Tues

1. I kicked off the week by not being lazy! Go Me! After last week which equaled a whole lot of nothing I didn't want to fall into the same hole this week. I didn't have to coach gymnastics yesterday so I took advantage of my evening off and ran 5 miles after work. It was a struggle to get myself out the door because I knew it was going to be hot, but I also knew if I didn't go I would feel like crap about myself. And to my surprise the run really wasn't too bad, but I would still rather just run in the morning during the summer months. I took a quick nap after my run while I was waiting for Jason to get home from work. Once he got home we jumped on our bikes and went down to Haines Point to do some speed work. I was happy to see that I got up to 23mph! Oh course I could not hold this for very long, but I was still happy and we were able to get 22 miles before the sun started to go down.

2. So I have been struggling with learning how to use my garmin 405. I was so frustrated yesterday and wanted to throw the thing out!! But, I guess reading instructions helps ...ummm...yeah...it's not that hard once I read them! Or should I say once Jason read them and showed my how to use it. I love uploading all my data and seeing my splits. I think this watch could make you crazy about your times?

3. I went for a 4 mile tempo run to beat the heat this morning. I finished in 35 minutes. Umm, this is my goal time for the tri next weekend and todays run seemed hard. So I'm in a little bit of a panic because if this run was hard without the swim and bike before it, I'm in big trouble. I don't know what's up with me lately, but holding a 8:40 pace should not be hard. I'm going to go ahead and blame it on the heat. That seems like a good excuse to me. On a side note I was just happy to run today and running past the Capitol never seems to get old to me.

Happy Tues All!

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about your run - it's really common to excel far beyond your training pace during races. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the heat definitely adds minutes to your times/makes it significantly harder to hold a pace. That sounds like a good tempo effort to me! And congrats on 23mph on the bike! That's impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely don't worry about the pace, you are doing awesome in training and races are just completely different. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!!! So excited to meet another DC-area runner/triathlete:). I love my Garmin 405, but it definitely took a while to figure out how to use it, and I still probably only know how to use the basic functions:).

    ReplyDelete