Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend Recap - DC Tri and 1 yr Ann. Edition

There is too much to write without this becoming a race report or a journal, so enjoy the pictures of my wonderful weekend!

Jason surprised my with flowers on Friday
 
My helmet didn't meet a safety code and I had to go to city bikes before dinner to get a new one!

Dinner at Match Box = best pizza!

I practiced changing my tired on Sat morning

I dropped off my bike and got marked on Sat afternoon
 
I gathered my stuff the night before

I went to bed at 8:30pm on a Sat night (I'm officially old, lame, or an athlete)

I got up at 4:15 am which meant I could see this at 5:00am

My tran. area is all set up and I'm ready to go

Getting lined up in my swim wave

I'm in the water somewhere in this pic

Running into the T1
While I was swimming I was thinking of this!

Bike out

Having fun on the bike ride

Trying to look like I'm having fun on this run

This run sucked .. where is the finish line

I'm done which = I'm officially a triathlete

Cleaning up my area ... I had so much fun! When is the next one ?

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first Tri!! That pizza looks AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, flowers! What a nice husband! CONGRATS on a great race and on being a triathlete! I love the photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Now go enjoy your vacation so you can come back and do some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! It looks like you ran (/swam/biked) a strong race!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You look like you were having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You got some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your first tri and excitement to do #2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats!!!!! and matchbox is one of my FAVE places in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats!!!! i saw you out there on the course near the run finish -- and i totally agree, it was a mean one. glad you are already thinking about the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Last year I was shocked at how hard the run was, but I promise it was much better this year.

    ReplyDelete