Another week of training is behind me and another week of training has began.
Anyhow, here's how last week went:
Monday: Rest Day :)
* PM Bike ~ 1:54 (32.8 miles) ~ I went up to greenbelt again to ride on the rolling hills. Im still liking this route but need to make my loop a little bigger so I don't have to double back on some of the roads.
* PM Run ~ 20 minutes (2.38 miles) ~ Brick run after my bike. Legs were feeling ok and are really starting to get used to running off the bike even if it's only for a short period of time
* PM Run ~ 51 minutes (6 miles) ~ I couldn't make myself wake up in the morning so I had to do both my workouts after I got off work. This run was a struggle and I fought through some motivation issues
* PM Swim ~ 57 minutes (3050 yards) ~ Went to the pool at the same time as Jason's class. It was a miracle I even made it there because I was falling asleep on the couch before I even went. I have said it before and I will say it again... I hate swimming at 8 o'clock at night.
* Bike ~ Fail!!!! I just couldn't make myself do my workout this day. I was suppose to bike for an hour and half, but yeah it didn't happen. I felt too tired in the morning, too hungry to go at lunch, and well didn't want to go on the trainer at 9 at night. See how I listed all those excuses, awesome I know. But seriously my body was telling me to please rest. So instead of biking I opted to do a half hour of core strength instead.
* AM Run ~ 50 minutes (5.7 miles) ~ Hill repeats up and down Capitol Hill. This time though I made a new friend while doing the workout. She is part of the DCTri Club as well and lives on the hill. We exchanged numbers and will def. be working out together again :)
* PM Swim ~ 57 minutes (3000 yards) ~ My arms felt like they were going to fall off on this swim and I never felt warmed up.
* Bike ~ 3:08 hours (50 miles) ~ You can read all about my weekend workouts here, but on this day we drove outside the city to ride some of the Back Roads Century course. It had some nice rolling hills and I was able to learn more about gearing uphill and also got to play with my nutrition on this ride.
* Run ~ 20 minutes (2.15 miles) ~ Short brick run with Rachel and my legs felt good. This is the second weekend in a row that my legs have still felt good after a long bike ride. Hoping to keep this up :)
* AM Run ~ 1:31 (11.1 miles) ~ Met up with my new friend from Friday hills and she ran with me for three miles, then I was on my own for the rest of the run. It was a great day out and the temp was perfect. I really enjoyed myself on this run and it went by quickly. I wish every run felt like this one.
* AM Swim ~ 45 minutes (2250 yards) ~ Recovery swim and I was able to test out my wetsuit for the first time. Hardest thing about the wetsuit is getting that sucker off. Wonder what my T1 time will be this weekend?
Totals per Daily Mile (since I am too lazy to do the math myself)
Miles: 130.95 miles (this includes my commutes miles which I don't count towards training really)
So, there you have it. Another week of training is complete :) And this week is starting off on the right step, even though I am having to move some stuff around since I have a race on Sat :)
Happy Tues All :)