Wednesday, April 11, 2012

MD Swim for Life


I just registered for my first open water swim only event and I'm pretty excited: The Maryland Swim for Life race taking place on July 14th.




You could choose from a 1 mile open water swim to a 5 mile swim. I picked the 2 mile swim as I think it will be a great confidence booster for IM Louisville, as the swim leg of the tri still scares the crap out of me. Ok, maybe I should have choose the 3 mile swim, who knows...


Anyhow, not only will this swim be great practice for me, but I am excited because this is a charity swim and I will be swimming for a good cause!!! Please consider helping with a tax-deductible donation. Funds raised from Swim for Life are donated to locally-based non-profit organizations who work on HIV/AIDS related issues, and to the Chester River Association.


Now, I personally do not know anyone who has been affected by HIV/AIDS, but I know what it is like to lose a family member to an illness and it's not easy.


If you are interested in donating, the website is easy to use. Once on the site you will be able to choose my name: Sarah Karpinski and an amount to donate and receive email confirmation of your donation.

Thanks so much :)


Happy Wednesday All 

1 comment: