Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Three Things I'm excited for!

So instead of complaining about how hot, humid, and sucky the weather is here in DC, I'm going to write about a couple of things I'm pretty excited for!
 
1. On National Running day I registered for the San Jose, Rock n' Roll ½ marathon. One of my best friends, Jessica, moved out to Monetary, CA back in June and I haven't had a chance to visit her yet. She had already registered for this race and it didn't take much convincing to get me to sign up for it as well. I have never done a rock n' roll series race, nor have I been to this part of CA. So I'm pretty excited for both, but I am mostly excited to spend time with Jessica and be able visit and run with her! It's going to be a great weekend and we both hope to PR on the half.
 

With Jess after the National Half
 
Nice flat course to PR on!

 
2. I just registered for my first 70.3, ironman mooseman, taking place next June 3rd. I know it's basically a year away, but if you registered this week you got a discount and got to save some moola! and saving money is always a good thing! I was looking to do my first 70.3 this fall, but couldn't find any that fit my already busy race schedule, so I settled on this one based on location and hopefully not boiling temps that time of year. Although the bike course looks like it's going to be pretty hard. And on a side note, I don't know if I would have ever registered for something this hard if I didn't start reading everyone else's blogs. So Im not sure if I should thank you guys or hate you guys?
 
 
3. I'm going to Philly this weekend for a small family vacation! My family is flying in from Ohio and Jason and I are taking the Amtrak up on Friday. I'm really looking forward to seeing my family as I have not seen them since Easter. And that is one of the down sides about living in DC. I miss my family so much and wished I could spend time with them every week, not every couple of months. So to say the least, I'm going to have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. yay for mooseman!

    and Im from Philly- let me know if you need any suggetions on what to do while you are there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should thank us, of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, welcome to the "I signed up for a 70.3 yay/what was I thinking" club :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always more fun combining a race with travel to visit friends! I'm sure San Jose will be great. And congrats on the 70.3 commitment! I have yet to be convinced that it's the race for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo!! Congrats on signing up for Mooseman!! That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete