Friday, July 22, 2011

The weekend is almost here ....

I will start of with my disappointed last night at the pool. As I pulled into Fairland's Sports and Aquatics center yesterday and saw the lot filled with cars I knew I was in trouble! Parking lot filled means there is a swim meet going on! My suspicions were confirmed when I entered the building and saw all the parents swarmed around the pool. I thought no biggie, maybe they will be done by the time I'm done coaching gymnastics and I will have the chance to swim in a 50 meter pool instead of a 25. Well to my disappointed the meet was still going on, which made me a sad girl. My swim is by far my weakest event in the tri and missing a swim for me really hurts! I'm going to Philly this weekend, and I have been looking at pools to swim at, but without a car I'm pretty limited. So, I do have my suite packed, but I may be stuck swimming in my hotel pool. I guess something is better than nothing.
 
No swimming last night, did however mean I could go to bed at a somewhat decent hour of 10:45. And guess what ...I did it .. I finally got my be-hind up this morning and did something! I wanted to get a short brick in because I have been lacking in the brick department and my duathlon is right around the corner. My alarm went off at 5am and I was out the door 15 minutes later. But man oh man, even at 5:15 it was so humid and hot that you felt like you were sitting in a sauna!! I had time for a quick 14 miles which meant a shot ride to haines - 2 laps - and back home. I'm still feeling out of cycling shape and don't know if this milage really helped me at all?
 
Once I got back, I threw my bike in our shed, changed my shoes, and I was off. I only had time for two miles and was happy that I was able to hold a 8:40 pace in the heat.
 
This left me with 20 minutes to shower and get the rest of my stuff together before leaving for work. I was still over heated and sweating and my two mile walk with my big weekend bag was not that fun!
 
But, you know what? It's Friday and I already have my workouts done :) At 5 o'clock I will be on my way to Philly to visit my family. I'm pretty excited!!!
 
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. have fun in philly! say hi to my parents and eat some soft preztels and cheesesteaks for me (jim's on south st!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was beyond disgusting out this morning. Nice brick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got in a brick. Given how hot and muggy it was out there, it was probably like swimming too! :) Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I hate when the swim meets take over the whole pool (sorry, swim teamers!). Good for you for getting up and getting a brick in in the gross heat!

    ReplyDelete