Thursday, July 14, 2011

Three Things Thurs

1. Jason is running his first half marathon the Baltimore Half! So this morning he joined me for his first training run towards the half :) I don't think he was too happy to be running at 6am, but we all know it's too hot to run later in the day. It was a beautiful morning out and it was so nice to have someone to run and chat with. Plus, it's a wonderful feeling that I have had positive influence on Jason and that I have motivated him to do something he probably would have never dreamed of doing on his own... a half marathon!
 
2. I still have post vacation blues and don't feel like being at work at all. This week has dragged on and on and we still have one more day!
 
3. I signed up for an open water swim clinic this Saturday. I am hoping that it goes better than my first one at Sandy Point a couple of weeks ago. I need as much practice in open water as I can get because this part of the tri scares me the most and my stomach still turns every time I think about swimming. My main goal is not to die or have to hold on to boat during the 1500 meter swim. So hopefully this clinic will help me get one step closer to that goal.
 
By talking about running or tri-ing have you had a postivie influence on others?
 

5 comments:

  1. My fiance just ran his first half marathon last fall! It was amazing to watch his progress and transformation and know that I played a part in that. He loved the half and went on to run a full in april (and he beat me!) Now were training for another marathon in September. Having you fiance/husband as a running buddy is the best! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you'll be doing the OWS clinic. I've had a few people tell me that my lifestyle evolution has inspired them to get healthy. Might be the best reward of all. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An open-water swim clinic—how fun! Can't wait to hear what you learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason certainly picked a hilly race for his first half! Does he know that? Or did you get him to sign up without mentioning that fact? At least the shirts really nice!

    ReplyDelete