Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Three Things Tues

1. I had a great weekend visiting lots of family in Philly. I had lots of laughs, good food, and just all around fun. I love my family and I love spending time with them, even if it's only for two short days. I forgot to bring my camera so I have to wait to get pictures from my sista.
 
2. I feel that since I got back from my vacation I have been in a training rut and have been having a hard time getting back on track. Or it may be the fact that life just got in the way and my weekends have been busy leaving me with no time for long bike rides or runs. And I guess that is part of the fun of training for me...all the juggling to fit everything in! It would be great not to have to work during the day and have all the time in the world to workout, but it's fun being busy and trying to squeeze workouts in here and there. Anyhow, back to the point, I was feeling disorganized. I made a spread sheet two weeks ago, but it seems hard for me to follow. So, I went old school yesterday and just got a planner and mapped about my next 4 months of training on that :)
 
 
3. I really need to add some core work to my schedule because as of right now I'm not doing any, which is so bad! I really need to find the time to start doing this 3 times per week. I'm thinking lunch time would be perfect in my office's little gym. A half hour is all I really need, which is perfect because this is how long of a lunch I get. 
 
Happy Tues All.

4 comments:

  1. I always have a hard time making myself fit in core/strength work, but it IS so good for you. Doing it at lunch is a great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't write out my training plan. My life goes in 8 million directions. I use google calendar to identify the workouts I want to do in a given week, and then tentatively schedule them about a week out. They all move around like mad. That's just how it works, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Core work is really easy to fit in during lunch or after an evening run. Its also easy to ignore completely....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also doing absolutely no core work right now, even though I keep saying it is something that I need to do. Maybe if I actually wrote it onto my training plan/schedule I would actually do it! Lunch does seem like a good time to fit it in.

    ReplyDelete