While riding yesterday I was thinking about how many fears I have while cycling! So here they are in no particular order:
1. Cycling itself! - I have been scared of it since I was a child
2. Going around tight turns or curvy trails
3. Running into other cyclists, runners, and walkers
4. Going fast - yes I put my brakes on while going down hill
5. Traffic! - I've been hit by a car twice
6. Other people running into me
7. Clip shoes - I don't even have them because I'm scared
8. Riding over the 14th St Bridge
9. Wind - can it blow you and your bike down?
10. That I will meet my death on my bike!
So my conclusion is that these fears are holding me back and I have to get over them if I want to become a better cyclist or just a cyclist for that matter. I have to push these thoughts to the back on mind and just ride.