Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Recap

So my weekend kicked off with a 20 mile bike ride around Haines Point after work on Friday. It was super nice out on Friday and I thought what a great day for a ride. I should have known better than to go to Haines Point (but it really is the easiest spot to get to, to get some miles in). It was extra windy that day and I thought my bike may blow over with me on in! 
After my windy ride


Kiwi - wanting to ride! HA
I went to bed early on Friday with hopes of getting up early and getting a ride in before my parents arrival around 10 am. Well, I got up and it was raining! Booo! So I never got my ride in before they came. Instead I made a fruit salad and a pasta salad (with carrots, broccoli, radishes, and baby tomatoes) for the cookout I had planned. 

Pasta Salad
Plus, who doesn't like some healthy snacks?
Fruit Salad
Once my parents arrived, we began working on putting up a black splash in our kitchen. We have had the boxes of tiles on our living room since feb. so I was glad to get them out of the box and onto the wall. It took us 7 hours with all the cutting to get the tiles up. But, once they were up, I loved them!  

Working on the tiles
And as most of you know, it never stopped raining on Sat, so my cookout turned into us ordering Chinese food instead :(
On Sunday we finished grouting the tiles in the morning, then I took my parents over to Eastern Market to walk around. It was a super nice weekend and I loved being able to spend time with my family. My parents left around 4ish on Sunday and I was sad to see them go. I wish I lived closer to home.  

Finished Result!
 After my parents left I thought about going for a small run or a ride, but decided to clean up my house and take another rest day instead. And cook the hamburgers on the grill/corn on the cob, that I had planned to cook on sat.

So I should feel extra energized, right? but I don't! My plan this week is to get in 2 swims, 3 rides, and 3 small runs. As I will be traveling back to Ohio this weekend for Easter.

1 comment:

  1. ok, i am super jealous of your super cheesy jersey - i want it but can't bring myself to buy it! but LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete