|Sites on my way to work|
1. My alarm went off at 6am this morning. I had planned ahead and brought in a change of clothes into work yesterday so I could run 5 miles in the morning without a bag on. Well, I hit snooze once, then I reset my alarm to 6:45. I just couldn't do it this morning. I couldn't pull myself out of bed, I was so tired. So instead I ended up just walking to work. I wasn't really planning a rest day today, but I guess it soft of is. I will just be walking home later and doing some core work.
2. My eyes are also getting a rest day and I'm wearing my glasses today. My contacts have been driving my nuts. Yesterday at Haines Point it was so windy and my contact flew right out of my eye, and landed on my face. Score, I was able to put it back in. And yes this is one of my fears about doing a tri .... my contacts!
3. Why do runners run on the bike lane on East Capital?? This is a pet pev of mine! Yesterday I had to go around 2 runners, thus making a car go around me since I was now in the normal driving lane. Come on people, I run too and I don't do it in the bike lanes!
4. Why do I get jealous when I see other people running or cycling and I'm not? As mentioned, I walked this morning and saw other runners out and was beating myself up for not running and wishing I was out there running too! The same goes for races. Jason wants to ride a century and as much as I kind of don't want to sign up for it because it's the weekend after my Olympic, it's like I can't let him do it without me because I will be jealous that he can say he rode a century and I can't.
5. One of my gymnasts yesterday was getting frustrated on bars with a new skill that she just started working on. I tried to tell her that new skills are hard and do not come over night, but with lots of repetition and hard work. She kind of just looked at me. So, I told her my swimming story about how I could only swim one lap in Jan and it took me 3 months and lots of practice to be able to swim a mile. She still just looked and me and didn't get it at all and asked if she can work on a different skill. ha.
6. I am the world's worst speller if you have not already noticed. I'm sure there has been many misspelling on this blog or when I use spell checker I think I'm picking the right word, but it's up being something completely different than what I wanted to say.
Happy Friday All! Hope you guys have a great weekend! Is it 4 o'clock yet?