1. I got up early this morning! Yes, me! I'm excited! My alarm went off at 6 and I put on my running clothes, guzzled some water, ate a piece of bread, and I was out the door at 6:07. I went for a 5 mile run and the weather couldn't have been better. It was prefect running weather and it makes me think, why in the world do I ever run in the after noon heat! And the best part is I didn't get stopped at any lights!!! That is usually the one bad thing about running around in the city, but not today. I ran right around a 8:30 pace. I still need to purchase a garmin watch so I can actually know what my split times are. I'm using an old school Timex ironman watch and it's driving me nuts!
|My bike in the garage|
4. I still really have no clue what I'm doing while I'm swimming. Sure I can make it a mile all freestyle, but am I doing it right? I have no clue? I still have to breath every two strokes. I tired doing every 5 yesterday and lasted 50 meters. And when I try every three I go all zig zag across the lane. I also have no clue as what swimming drills I should be doing? Or what any swimming drills are for that matter. Help!
5. I'm going to the DC101 Chili cookoff tomorrow! I'm allowed to have fun sometimes right? And I hope the weather is great! Before heading over I hope to get a run in and a 30 mile ride. If anyone else is going to be there, let me know, I would love to meet up.
6. I have to go to meeting on Sunday! Yucky, No, I don't want to! It's a move-up meeting for gymnastics that starts at noon. I guess I will make the most of it and go for a swim at Fairland before the meeting starts.
7. One more week until Dewey Beach for memorial day weekend! I want to relax there, but I also don't want to do nothing. I think I will bring my bike with me so I can ride around some.
Have a great weekend, everyone!