Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wellness Wednesay

So this week has been off to a slow start. Yesterday I have never been so tired and I felt drugged when I woke up. This morning my alarm went off at 5 for my track workout, and once again I felt super tired! I listened to my body and re-set my clock till 6:30. My hip flexor and my back have also been hurting me a bit, so maybe this was a good idea? At any rate just wondering if you guys listen to what your body is telling you or do you keep pushing yourself?
 
Now onto what I was going to talk about: my hair's love hate relationship with chlorine. My hair hates it and the chlorine loves it! I have been swimming since Jan and slowly put surely my hair is getting destroyed. Some days if I run the morning after a swim, it turns into a chlorine run because that's all I can smell. My hair is all stiff at the ends and feels gross now! I just bought ultra swim shampoo and have been using it since Monday. I can already see a difference and my hair seems to be returning to normal. yippy!
 
For all you swimmers: what shampoo or tricks do you use to keep your hair healthy?  

3 comments:

  1. I often nix the shampoo and just rinse and then use a rich, heavy conditioner. Shampoo strips oils out of your hair which dries it out more.

    I think the ultra swim stuff is overpriced and doesn't do much. But, my hair has always been swimmer's hair, so I guess I would never find a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to your body! You don't necessarily have to take a day off, but do something different instead. Pool run instead of land run, etc. My basic rule is if it hurts, don't do it. Everything else is a-ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try not to wash my hair every day (like Victoria) so it doesn't dry out too much.
    I definitely listen to my body! By the end of the week I can tell if it has had enough and needs to take a workout off. Especially if your hip is hurting, that is a sign to take it back a notch!

    ReplyDelete