So I have been looking at some places in DC to swim. Currently I swim at Fairland Sports and Aquatics center (where I coach gymnastics). They have three great pools, but it's in Laurel, MD and takes about an hour to get to. Because of this I am only swimming twice a week after I finish coaching. I am always super tired/hungry at this point and it's always a struggle to get myself into the pool.
Well, I called Georgetown Law last week and scheduled an apt to take a look at their sport and fitness center. I just finished my tour and it's awesome! The big question and only question is do I want to pay 79.00 a month to join??
1. Literally right next door to wear I work !
2. Usually only students and staff can use the facility, but they also let some DOJ employees use it, so it will never be over crowded!
3. They have a 4 lane - 25 yard pool!
4. Spin classes and other classes
5. Basketball and racket ball courts
6. Nice looking cardio equipment, weight machines, and free weights.
1. I never use treadmills
2. I can basically do everything I do at the gym (besides swim) at home or outside.
I don't know what to do?? I have been thinking about swimming at the FREE pool at Eastern Market but they have crazy hours and the pool doesn't look so great. I have also been thinking about swimming at the Haines Point pool when it opens (also free).