Thursday, May 26, 2011

New Bike Shoes!

Blah, I'm in a really bad mood! Plumbing and crown molding that did not happen and we still had to pay the stupid guy!
 
Anyhow, my bike shoes finally came in last night! I ordered them last tues and it seemed like a week took forever to get here! I rode over to city bikes so that they could install my pedals for me, plus my bike needed a tune up. I tired on my shoes and the guy said they fit good. Once my pedals were on they put me in the trainer so that I could practice clipping in and out. It took my awhile to figure out how to even clip in? Blah, but I figured it out! I probably stayed on the trainer for 10 minutes until I felt comfortable with what I was doing. They laughed at me in the store because I put back on my normal shoes instead of keeping my brand new specialized shoes on. Yes I was (still am) scared to ride in traffic with new clipless shoes.
 

Specialized Ember - Aren't they pretty!

Jason and I rode right up to Lincoln park, so I could practice some more riding with them in the grass! I almost fell on the first try trying to clip in my left foot, but Jason caught me! I basically looked like a little kid learning how to ride a bike! People were looking at my like "WTF is this girl doing".  I practiced for about 15 minutes and felt like a pro when I was done! Yippy! I then rode home the whole 2 blocks to my house. I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures of this exciting moment!
 
I didn't have time to go for a real ride last night because my stomach got in the way and I had to eat dinner. I'm excited though to really test them out and see if I can go faster with real cycling shoes?!?!
 
Tonight I'm suppose to coach and swim, but I have to take off because we have a plumber coming from 5-7. Uggg! And who knows he may be there longer? But if he's not then I'm going to Haines Point to really give my shoes a test drive.
 
Happy Thurs! Hope your morning started off better than mine! One more day until the beach!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the upgrade to big girl shoes and pedals! I still have trouble clipping in sometimes, I don't know why. And sometimes I just keep one foot un-clipped, especially if I know I'm going to do a lot of starting and stopping, like in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i usually clip out long before the light, stop sign, or if i see if a person may make a right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will definitely go faster! I find it harder to clip in than clipping out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new shoes! I'm a little scared to make the leap since I feel awkward and unstable enough on my bike already.

    ReplyDelete